The ISO 14443 Analog Front End (AFE) is a fully integrated analog IP intended for Proximity Integrated Circuit Card (PICC).
▪ fully compliant with the ISO/IEC 14443 standard;
▪ fully compliant with the relevant ISO/IEC 10373-6 tests;
▪ contactless transmission of both data and power;
▪ support both Type A and Type B transmission protocols;
▪ supported bit rates: 106, 212, 424 and 848 kbit/s;
▪ RF front end including the two antenna pads, a tuning capacitor, several demodulators, a clock extractor and a load modulator;
▪ power manager including a LDO regulator, a voltage reference and a power-on reset generator;
▪ typical delivered power supply current going up to 10 mA (Ivdd);
▪ typical quiescent power consumption lower than 50 µW (excluding Ivdd);
▪ operating junction temperature range: -25°C to +85°C;
▪ straightforward integration through a NFC-WI (ECMA 373) standard interface;
▪ silicon proven in 130 nm and 55 nm CMOS processes;
▪ silicon area smaller than 0.8 mm² in a 130 nm process with poly capacitors and HV devices;
▪ digital controller available separately (Type A and Type B).
▪ GDSII stream and layer map file;
▪ Library Exchange Format (LEF) file;
▪ Circuit Description Language (CDL) netlist;
▪ Liberty Timing File (.lib);
▪ VHDL behavioral model;
▪ design specification.