The ISO 14443 Dual-interface Analog Front End (AFE) is a fully integrated analog IP intended for dual-interface (both contact and contactless) Integrated Circuit Card (ICC).
▪ fully compliant with the ISO/IEC 14443 standard and the relevant ISO/IEC 10373-6 tests;
▪ both contact - class A, B & C - and contactless transmission of power;
▪ support both Type A and Type B transmission protocols;
▪ supported bit rates: 106, 212, 424 and 848 kbit/s;
▪ RF front end including the antenna pads, a tuning capacitor, several demodulators, a clock extractor and a load modulator;
▪ dual power manager including a power switch, a voltage regulator, a voltage reference, a variable frequency oscillator, a power-on reset and a supply monitor;
▪ operating junction temperature range: -25°C to +85°C;
▪ straightforward integration through a NFC-WI (ECMA 373) standard interface;
▪ silicon proven in 130 nm and 55 nm CMOS processes;
▪ electrical characteristics of a 55 nm implementation:
▪ − generated core supply voltage (vdd): 1.2 V ±10%;
▪ − generated NVM supply voltage (vdd_nvm): 1.55 V ±5%;
▪ − delivered supply currents up to 7 mA (Ivdd) and 7 mA (Ivdd_nvm);
▪ − typical operating quiescent current of 200 µA;
▪ − maximum standby quiescent current at 25°C smaller than 65 µA.
▪ − silicon area smaller than 0.85 mm².
▪ Type A and Type B digital controllers available separately.
▪ GDSII stream and layer map file;
▪ Library Exchange Format (LEF) file;
▪ Circuit Description Language (CDL) netlist;
▪ Liberty Timing File (.lib);
▪ VHDL behavioral model and design specification.