The ISO 7816-3 Interface Device Digital Controller is a fully integrated protocol manager intended for smart card readers.
▪ fully compliant with the ISO/IEC 7816-3, EMV, GSM and WHQL standards;
▪ character protocol supported (T=0);
▪ one transmit buffer and one receive buffer;
▪ 11-bit Elementary Time Unit (ETU) counter;
▪ 9-bit Guard Time counter;
▪ 24-bit general purpose Waiting Time counter;
▪ parity generation and checking;
▪ automatic character repetition on parity error detection in transmission mode;
▪ automatic retry on parity error detection in reception mode;
▪ card power-off deactivation sequence generation;
▪ manual mode to drive the card I/O directly for synchronous protocols;
▪ proven track record through mass production in several processes;
▪ analog front end available separately.
▪ VHDL source code and testbenches;
▪ Synopsys synthesis scripts;
▪ C low-level API;
▪ design specification.